Getting Started

tkvis

Getting Started

Post by tkvis »

I am having some trouble getting everything set up and going for programming with fwppc. I downloaded all of the setup/installation files available to me upon the purchase of the software but while trying to compile the sample programs is where the trouble begins. According to the description on the site "With FWPPC and the Microsoft compiler, you do not need anything else to create true Pocket PC 32 bit applications."
The Microsoft compiler was not included in the installation, so I tried the harbour compiler and ran in to trouble because no obj file was created. I happened to stumble across the Microsoft compiler in the \bin directory of some fw trial stuff that I downloaded but after compiling I had trouble still this time when I tried to link the file because again... there was not an obj file present.

The help file seems to not really be geared toward the pocket pc side of FiveWin, but I am quite GREEN when it comes to programming. So any information to get me tracking would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Post by Antonio Linares »

Tom,

The Microsoft VCE compiler is available from http://fivetechsoft.com/software/fwppc/vce.zip and it shows a download url on the screen as: "VCE Microsoft free Pocket PC C compiler (ARM processor)"

Please download it and copy it to your harddisk, keeping its directories structure.

Welcome aboard and feel free to ask as many questions as needed :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
fhusain

Post by fhusain »

how can i install vce.zip fo pockit pc

it ask for username & password
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Please check your email, we have sent you an email.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Ross_ValuSoft

Re:

Post by Ross_ValuSoft »

Antonio Linares wrote:Please check your email, we have sent you an email.
Antonio,

I think I need this also.

Happy new year to all.

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Re: Getting Started

Ross,

You just need to download vce.zip from the FTP (the same place where FWPPC is) and unzip it respecting its folders structure:

c:\vce\bin
c:\vce\lib
c:\vce\include\arm
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com