how to restart an app

José Luis Sánchez

how to restart an app

Post by José Luis Sánchez »

Hello:
I have an application and I want to finish and restart it again. This is needed in situations like change language in menus or similar things, but I don't know how to do it. Any sugestion ?

Regards,
José Luis
José Luis Sánchez

No, I want to do with the same exe. Imagine you allow the user to select the language of the app, and you have your menus with i18n() calls... you have to reinit the app to achieve the menus on the new language selected. It's pretty smart if the app reinit for itself, not need the user doubleclick the icon again.

I want this to do my Colossus - http://www.alanit.com/programas/colossus.php - multilingual ;-)

Regards,
Frank Demont

Post by Frank Demont »

I not tryed , but :

Start the aplication with a batch file with as content :

YourExe.exe
CALL YoutBatch.bat

Then you have the possibilty to change YourBatch.bat from in the aplication and after that close the aplication

Frank
Enrico Maria Giordano

Post by Enrico Maria Giordano »

José Luis Sánchez wrote:No, I want to do with the same exe. Imagine you allow the user to select the language of the app, and you have your menus with i18n() calls... you have to reinit the app to achieve the menus on the new language selected. It's pretty smart if the app reinit for itself, not need the user doubleclick the icon again.

I want this to do my Colossus - http://www.alanit.com/programas/colossus.php - multilingual ;-)

Regards,
What is "i18n() calls"? Anyway, it should be possible to change the menu items language without restarting the EXE. Why do you want to restart the EXE?

EMG
DanielPuente

Post by DanielPuente »

Jose Luis:

You can call another fw application that calls your exe again, with a non visible window and then exit as the only task to do. In your fw program you call this exe and quits. The new application can activate a timer to wait a few seconds before execute the other program, if necessary.

Regards,
Daniel Puente
Mar del Plata, Argentina
danielpuente@speedy.com.ar
puenteda@hotmail.com
José Luis Sánchez

Enrico: the i18n() calls are the way to internazionalizate the app using the tools provided with xharbour.
Daniel: I know the way to do it, but I want to do it with the same app.

Regards,