Warning: truename not finished - Base44 TDatabase:cfile

MichaelMo

Warning: truename not finished - Base44 TDatabase:cfile

Post by MichaelMo »

After upgrading to the October 2016 version, I'm now getting a warning message related to TDatabases:

I'm first getting a basic warning box when I'm trying to access DBF/NTX files that says "truename not finished", and then I'm getting the following error:

from start: 0 hours 3 mins 37 secs
Error occurred at: 11/09/16, 20:31:03
Error description: Error BASE/44 Assigned value is wrong class: TDATABASE:CFILE
Args:
[ 1] = U

Stack Calls
===========
Called from: => TDATABASE:_CFILE( 0 )
Called from: .\source\classes\DATABASE.PRG => TDATABASE:SETAREA( 302 )
Called from: .\source\classes\DATABASE.PRG => TDATABASE:NEW( 223 )

Any ideas as to why I'm getting that warning box and that error message?
MichaelMo

Re: Warning: truename not finished - Base44 TDatabase:cfile

Post by MichaelMo »

Thanks for all your help by the way.

I did install the latest copy of Harbour, but I also downloaded and installed the zip file that you suggested to try it again anyway. No joy.

FYI, I can compile the exact same code using a January of 2009 version of FWH, Harbour 1.0, and BCC55, and also with a September of 2011 version of Fivewin, the current Harbour libraries that you sent me, and BCC582 without any problem at all. It runs absolutely fine in both the older versions of Fivewin and both versions of Harbour. When I compile it with the October 2016 version of FWH however, I get that warning box I mentioned, followed by the error message that I listed earlier.

I don't think it can be a Harbour related problem or it would not work with the September 2011 version of Fivewin using the exact same Harbour libraries. I also tried compiling the program using the BCC582 libs which work just fine with the September 2001 version of FWH, and it compiles just fine, but I still get the very same error with the October 2016 FWH libs. I'm pretty sure it's not a Harbour or BCC related problem, but I'm kinda stumped at the moment.
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Re: Warning: truename not finished - Base44 TDatabase:cfile

Post by Antonio Linares »

Michael,

Could you provide a small and self contained example to reproduce the error ?

thanks
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com