Office 2007 Format

TimStone

Office 2007 Format

Post by TimStone »

Are there any plans to allow FWH to provide the interface used in the new Office 2007 products ?
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 19.06 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
James Bott

Post by James Bott »

Tim,

I assume you are talking about the ribbon control. If so, it has already been developed. Search the newsgroup for it--there was a discussion about a month or so ago.

I have mixed feelings about it. It certainly looks great. But it was specifically developed for use with document formatting--it has a lot of formatting previews. It appears on Word and Excel but not on Outlook. Outlook is mostly a database program and thus is more similar to what most of us develop. Nevertheless, when I have time, I would still like to get a copy and do some prototyping with it to see how it might work for database applications.

James
TimStone

Ribbon Control

Post by TimStone »

James,

I'll do a search. Actually I installed the "Trial" version after running the beta for several versions. The trial was on a relatively new machine. It seemed to install, but I couldn't send out any emails, and of course there were no support notes when the install failed. So I had to uninstall it and go back to a previous version which now has issues.

Those DOS days were so much easier !

I agree that I have mixed feelings but it might be something that could be useful.

Tim
Tim Stone
http://www.MasterLinkSoftware.com
timstone@masterlinksoftware.com
Using: FWH 19.06 with Harbour 3.2.0 / Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019
Otto

Post by Otto »

Hello James,

there are many parts in Outlook where they have implemented RibbonBar. Everywhere when you click on "New": “New message”, “New date”, etc. .
I am sure Outlook 2008 does have it everywhere.

RibbonBar (FW has it but since a month no further news – why? ) and a Fivewin-browser with more features and also an IDE are a must for the languages future.

Regards
Otto
James Bott

Post by James Bott »

Otto,

>there are many parts in Outlook where they have implemented RibbonBar. Everywhere when you click on "New": “New message”, “New date”, etc. .

Thanks for the update. I haven't seen the new version, I was just reporting what I had read.

James
Otto

Post by Otto »

Hello James,

I installed Vista Beta and Office Beta in summer in our office on my wife’s PC.
It was the first time I didn’t hear “Why did you change the software?” .
Also our own FW-application – still 16 bit – runs stable.
Regards
Otto