odd behaviour in dialog with tabs and RETURN

don lowenstein

odd behaviour in dialog with tabs and RETURN

Post by don lowenstein »

Hello Antonio.

Long time no talk to.

I am finally beginning to investigate a version of FWH for Harbour/Xharbour that is version 11.07 - unfortunately it's taken this long to really dig into this and perform my conversion to this platform.
I've encountered odd behaviour with the dialogs I create. They worked perfectly in the "old environment" below.

New Environment - problems tabbing forward and backwards, up/down arrow movement, colors on comboboxes.
FWH 11.07
Harbour 3.0.0 (Rev. 16951)
Borland C++ 5.82 for Win32
Turbo Incremental Link 5.69

Old environment - works perfectly
FWH September 2006
xHarbour Compiler build 0.99.51 (SimpLex)
Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32
Turbo Incremental Link 5.00

After research I noticed that you code within window.prg specific logic depending on the classname().

my problem is, I've created classes that inherit from your classes and now, the window.prg program does not behave the same since my class in not hardcoded in your classes. therefore I have to override your window.prg to include my classes, plus I don't know of other instances within the source code you look for specific native class names.

for example, I have a class TGDIALOG which inherits from TDIALOG. Unfortunately your programs only look for "TDIALOG" - my parent class.

is there an easy way for my classes to behave properly when I inherit from your "super class" without modifiying all of your source code, or completely changjng your DIALOG.PRG to include all of the dialog instance variables and methods I've embellished over the years?

also, is the "new environment" above one you would recommend and endorse?
Don Lowenstein
www.laapc.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Re: odd behaviour in dialog with tabs and RETURN

Post by Antonio Linares »

Don,

I strongly suggest you to upgrade to current FWH 13.02. You are using old Harbour and FWH versions.

In current FWH sources, we use object:IsKindOf(), so there should be no problem if you use your inherited classes.

Could you provide a small and self contained example to reproduce those problems in FWH 11.07 ? Anyhow, keep in mind that it is quite complicated for us to provide tech support for a FWH version that it is over one year old.
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
don lowenstein

Re: odd behaviour in dialog with tabs and RETURN

Post by don lowenstein »

Your suggestion sounds like the most practical way to go. look for a forthcoming upgrade order. it's unfortunate we haven't had time to use the last (or prior to that) upgrade we purchased. we commit to use and test this time. Too bad busy business and real life tend to put important tasks on the back burner.
Don Lowenstein
www.laapc.com