FWH - New Office 2007 menus !!!

Antonio Linares
Site Admin

Post by Antonio Linares »

> Can the new menu style be optional?

Yes, on the final release it will be optional.

Actually it is automatic for easy of testing
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

James,

> I note that the disabled items are still not displaying correctly.

Fixed :-)

Code: Select all

MENU
            MENUITEM "&One..." DISABLED
            MENUITEM "&Two..." CHECKED
            MENUITEM "&Three..." WHEN .F.
         ENDMENU
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
nageswaragunupudi

Post by nageswaragunupudi »

> Yes, on the final release it will be optional.

We understand and we shall wait.

Will the issue of top bar prompts getting erased in 256 color mode will be addressed? All items to the right of the item on which the mouse is placed disappear.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

James,

> the menu item repaints the white line between the buttonbar and menu into blue.

Fixed :-)
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

> Will the issue of top bar prompts getting erased in 256 color mode will be addressed?

Yes
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
James Bott

Post by James Bott »

Antonio,

I think this may be a buttonbar issue, but when I add a dropdown menu to the buttonbar, the buttonbar image is shifted to the right.

James

James Bott

Post by James Bott »

Antonio,

I note that disabled menu items that are disabled with a WHEN clause do not show the highlight bar when the cursor is over them.

Disabled menu items that are disabled with the DISABLED clause DO show the highlight bar. I think that this behavior is incorrect.

James
Antonio Linares
Site Admin

James,

Its already fixed. I send you the new LIBs
regards, saludos

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com
Enrico Maria Giordano

Post by Enrico Maria Giordano »

James Bott wrote:Antonio,

I think this may be a buttonbar issue, but when I add a dropdown menu to the buttonbar, the buttonbar image is shifted to the right.

James

How do you put the separator on the new style buttonbar? GROUP clause seems no longer working.

EMG
Enrico Maria Giordano

Post by Enrico Maria Giordano »

EnricoMaria wrote:How do you put the separator on the new style buttonbar? GROUP clause seems no longer working.
Ok, they are magically came back. :-)

EMG
nageswaragunupudi

I think we all dont have the same versions. For me also group separtors dont work. In the sample shot posted by Mr. Antonio group separators are working. I did not get the version after fixing the disabled menuitem painting issue. Possible that the latest version with Mr Antonio has fixed all the issues.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

In the version I have this is the behavior with disabled and when .f. items:

1) top bar items
disabled : top menu item is painted gray. we can not click the item also. painting is okay
when .f. : top menu item looks normal ( not grayed ). we can click the item. It gets highlighted in orange color. but all menutitems in the dropdown appear grayed and can not navigate to them

2) dropdowns ( submens )
disabled items (without submenus): in my version still painted wrongly ( this is corrected later). but the mouse can navigate to the item, and the item is highlighed in gray color ( not orange highlight)
disabled items with submenus: Painted "correctly" even in my version. Cursor can not go to the item. ( not like the case when this is a normal item without submenus)
when .f. ( without submenus) Item is grayed. Painted correctly. Mouse can not go there.
when .f. ( with submenus ): Item is grayed. Painted correctly. But mouse can go there. Highlighed in Orange color. But all the submenu items under this item appear grayed and we can not navigate there. (similar to top bar items )

( Now I am wondering how was the behaviour earlier. I never tested it like i am doing now )
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

Mr Antonio

Thanks for the latest libs.

The issue pointed out by Mr. James regarding the white line between the menu and buttonbar is still to be fixed.

Intersting are the differences between the look and functionality of menuteims disabled vs. when .f.

Disabled menuitems work fine everywhere on the top bar as well as in the submenus both appearancewise and functionalitywise. They are grayed and do not function.

Behaviour of items disabled with When .F. clause is interesting:

TOPBAR: Initially they look normal. Not grayed. We can click on them. They get highlighed in orange color like any other item. If the top item has a dropdown menu all the items in the dropdown menu are grayed and we can not click them.

BUT ...... after we keep toying with other working menus and their dropdown items, the topmenu (when .f.) items turn Gray .. When do they turn is a bit unpredictable. Once they turn gray we can not click on them.

SUBMENUS:

Items disabled with 'disabled' clause work correctly in everyway.

When the item is disabled with When .F., if the item does not have a child submenu, it is like normal disabled items and is fine.

But if it has a child submenu, the item looks normal, gets orange high light when mouse hovers and displays the child submenu with all the child itemgs grayed.

These are my quick observations.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India
nageswaragunupudi

On 256 colors:

I understand that time could not be devoted for this. The issue of top menu items getting erased is still there.

I have a few suggestions for 256 colors ( whenever time can be spared for this ):

1. TopBar:
The library can paint the menus with the new look if colors > 256 and otherwise retain the earlier colors.
2. Dropdowns:
if the colors > 256 paint in new colors else paint the vertical bar with buttonface color and menuitems themselves on pure white background. This still gives a neat "NEW" look even with 256 colors. Better look than earlier normal menus.
Regards

G. N. Rao.
Hyderabad, India